When I first lost my husband it was a difficult time. I felt lonely. I felt left behind. Daily life was not fun anymore and the worst thing was to go to a restaurant. Sitting alone and seeing mostly couples around me made me wonder if the world really moves in sets of twos?
But with the passing years things changed. Now when I sit in a restaurant and look closer at couples – older and younger – who I envied before – I see something else. Some look like they wished they were somewhere else. Some don’t say a word to each other all through their meal. Some are on their cell phones, and sometimes both are. But if only one is busy on the phone their partner looks increasingly displeased.
Observing this I feel relieved and grateful that I can just enjoy my glass of wine, and going even step further I remember my blessings:
- I don’t have to cook everyday
- I can come home late or later – or not at all
- I can buy that expensive handbag without having to justify my purchase
- I can stay up as late as I want
- I don’t have to wash socks
- I can travel anywhere I feel like going
- I am free to do what I want- when I want
These are just a few of my reason, but I am sure every single woman reading this and enjoying her freedom has her own list. Would it be too much to ask to share it with us? Grateful if you could leave a comment!
And never forget – A Smile changes everything!