Before ending the book signing at The Bell Pub in England I did a little survey by asking who of the ladies had a Bucket List. Two hands went up. When I asked why others did not have one the answer was always something like this, “I never thought about it. I know there are things I still want to do before I die, but never made a plan.”
Well a bucket list is a plan. Life coaches and therapists often suggest to write down what is in our heart to show us what we really want.
I handed out paper and pens and after 15 minutes collected the answers. Here are some of them:
- A nice young man – ( this came from a pretty, vivacious blond)
- Botox facial filler
- Go up and down the High Line in New York
- To walk the Inca Trail
- To walk the full distance of the Great Wall of China
- Learn to surf – well
- To build and own a donkey sanctuary
- Travel to Venice on the Orient Express
- To visit all the wonders of the world
- To write a children’s book
- To run the London Marathon
- Go to Iceland
- Travel to Avignon and stay for a long time and paint
- Take a train across Europe and stop at the places I really want to see
- See more of South Africa
- Take a river cruise down the Danube
- Go to Koblenz in Germany to see a painting my grandmother did, which now hangs in a museum there.(I asked her if she had ever seen it and she said never)
Some of these dreams are a little more difficult to fulfill than others, but not unreachable if you allow yourself to make it a priority.
By the way the lady who had never seen her grandmother’s painting is on her way to Koblenz. She said, “I am glad I came today, this is really a wake-up call.”
Tell us what is on your bucket list!
The following photos are an encouragement for the lady who wants go to Avignon in France and paint.
And never forget – A Smile Changes Everything
2 thoughts on “BUCKET LIST – DO YOU HAVE ONE?”
I think it’s interesting how many of those ladies included travel on their lists. A trip to Italy is on my bucket list. But the most unusual one to me is the donkey sanctuary—I hope she makes it happen!
Candace – Don’t delay – Italy is waiting
Yes travelling is on top of the list. maybe for our generation it was
not possible to travel earlier in life because of children and work.
Todays young families travel all the time taking their children along – but when I see
a young family schlepping a baby and a three year old through the Forum in Rome I am glad
I waited until now.
LikeLiked by 1 person