Before ending the book signing at The Bell Pub in England I did a little survey by asking who of the ladies had a Bucket List. Two hands went up. When I asked why others did not have one the answer was always something like this, “I never thought about it. I know there are things I still want to do before I die, but never made a plan.”
Well a bucket list is a plan. Life coaches and therapists often suggest to write down what is in our heart to show us what we really want.
I handed out paper and pens and after 15 minutes collected the answers. Here are some of them:
- A nice young man – ( this came from a pretty, vivacious blond)
- Botox facial filler
- Go up and down the High Line in New York
- To walk the Inca Trail
- To walk the full distance of the Great Wall of China
- Learn to surf – well
- To build and own a donkey sanctuary
- Travel to Venice on the Orient Express
- To visit all the wonders of the world
- To write a children’s book
- To run the London Marathon
- Go to Iceland
- Travel to Avignon and stay for a long time and paint
- Take a train across Europe and stop at the places I really want to see
- See more of South Africa
- Take a river cruise down the Danube
- Go to Koblenz in Germany to see a painting my grandmother did, which now hangs in a museum there.(I asked her if she had ever seen it and she said never)
Some of these dreams are a little more difficult to fulfill than others, but not unreachable if you allow yourself to make it a priority.
By the way the lady who had never seen her grandmother’s painting is on her way to Koblenz. She said, “I am glad I came today, this is really a wake-up call.”
Tell us what is on your bucket list!
The following photos are an encouragement for the lady who wants go to Avignon in France and paint.
And never forget – A Smile Changes Everything